Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Some Christmas Projects

Hi everyone!  It's been a few weeks since I've posted and life has been very busy!  I have managed to squeeze in a few sewing projects for friends and family so I thought I would share them with you.

First up is a sewing wreath I made for our local sewing guild's Christmas party and gift exchange.  I have been saving my old thread spools for a number of years knowing that I would use them for something and finally, I came up with that something idea!  I wrapped the empty spools using quilted Christmas themed scrapbooking paper and then hot glued the spools to the wreath.  It was still looking a bit plain after adding the spools so I thought adding some buttons would spice it up a bit.  Of course I did buttons stacks too.  I think it looks quite cute!  So much so, that I might just make one for myself!  Every sewer needs a wreath for their sewing room door don'tchathink!

Next on the gift list was some napkins for the Christmas party host.  Using some linen I've had in the stash for years, I edged them with red woolly nylon on the serger.  

I made two of the Fat Quarter Gypsy's Pop-Up cans.   Here's what they look like fully open and then flattened.  Do you recognize this fabric?   It was remnants from my ironing board cover.



And lastly I have three Sew Together Bags and a set of potholders.

Here's the total yardage counts for these projects:
- Napkins = 1.5 yards
- Pop up cans (2) = .75 yards
- Sew Together Bags (3) = 3 yards
- Potholders - .5 yards
Total for all of these projects = 5.75 yards

That brings my YTD stashbustin' yardage total up to 93.16 yards.  I'm getting close to the 100 yard line and I think I might hit it!  My Vogue 1233 dress is almost finished - just need to do the hem and the armholes and it's finished. 

Happy Christmas to everyone and I hope Santa fills your stockings with lots of sewing goodies!

Star


2 comments:

  1. Wow lots of great items ! I’m so pretty mpressed with 3 SewTogether bags - my first took me a week 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryEllen! Yes, the bags do take a while to make but they are well worth the time.

      Delete