Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

McCall's 7468 - a Nicole Miller blouse

Here is my newest blouse - McCall's 7468 - a Nicole Miller top.  I am very behind with the cold shoulder trend this year and I'm not really sure it's my style anyways.  I thought I would snap some pics outside and catch some of the fall color starting to happen.....but I didn't realize until I uploaded the pictures, just how wrong of a background this was.


With all of the colors going on in this blouse - my hair blends in with the Japanese Maple tree and the blouse blends in with the tree in the background....

Here's an example of a disappearing arm.... 

Ok, maybe you can see a little bit better here....

Here we go - some pics on the dress form so I can describe the top.  As I mentioned, this is a Nicole Miller design.  The main fabric, which is a knit of some sort, was purchased at this year's Sewing Garage Sale.  The black fabric for the contrasting pieces is a cotton that was in my stash. 



Here you can see the cold shoulder style better.

The front waistband is flat but the back waistband has two rows of elastic.  The closure on the upper back consists of two yellow buttons with black thread loops.


Here's a close-up of the back waistband.

I did have some major issues cutting out this blouse and trying to match up the prints.  I only had 2 yards of the print to deal with!  I ended up narrowing the sleeves by about 3 inches on each side and hemming it somewhere between View A and View B.  I did not have enough fabric to cut the contrasting pieces out of the same fabric so I opted to use the black instead.  I think it kinda works?!?!?  Maybe??!?

Here are the stashbustin' stats for this blouse:

2 yards of print from sewing garage sale = $6.00
.5 yard of black from stash = free!
Total yardage for this blouse = 2.5 yards

Total YTD =67.91 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star



4 comments:

  1. I love that your new top has all the colours of your fall - it seems sort of appropriate. It's a very pretty top, and I think you will be able to layer it over a black knit top in cooler weather very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Sarah Liz. I hadn’t thought of the layering idea!

      Delete
  2. this is so psychedelic I love it. Love how youve teamed it with the matching leggings too. always trust the trusty seasons to play with your photos!

    ReplyDelete